Did you know that adults need between 7-8 hours sleep a night? Who’s actually getting that much sleep at the moment – almost everyone I speak to wants more sleep and better quality sleep.
It’s really important to get a great night’s sleep – it impacts everything from mood to concentration.
My new books follow Sophia and Noah who are tired, grumpy, can’t concentrate and rely on sugar to keep them awake. In the stories, they meet some animals who share tips to help them develop healthy sleeping habits.
I wanted to share some top tips to get a good night’s sleep (even if I don’t always follow them!):
1. Have a good routine. That means going to sleep and waking at the same time every day, even at weekends!
2. Make your bedroom somewhere where it’s easy to sleep. Try to ensure your bedroom is dark, quiet and cool.
3. Take some exercise during the day, but not too close to bedtime.
4. Avoid caffeine and alcohol especially just before bed. I recently found out that chocolate contains caffeine too, so am trying not to indulge in chocolates after the kids are in bed!
5. Turn off screens at least 30 minutes before bedtime. This is the one I struggle with most as I find inspiration always hits about the time I should be going to bed!
Find my new books here.